Held against your will by Scientology
Lermanet.com
2005-08-26 13:28:44 UTC
Ive got a story from when i was in. The Suzette
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/FINAL2.htm
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=12499
incident was not the only time I was physically restrained in
scientology

Im not good with dates and names, though I could draw the layout of
the offices as they were them...

The year was -

thinking...

about 1975

Scientology has just acquired the Hollywood Inn - an old hotel
on Hollywood Blvd.

FOLO EUS had moved into the basement.

I was on display in a storefront window with Hy Levy the other FSC,
(Flag Service Consultant - we were Reges of the Stars... I had even
baby sat for Beck) as token people of 'color' I guess... Id always
wondered why they moved the FSC office to that front hallway... they
told us there was no other place for it.

u-huh... hindsight is 20/20

The Guardians Office showed up one day, to do "meter checks" on all
the staff, looking for infiltrators,

The GO had been using a hallway closet in the basement to do these
confidential 'interviews' looking for infiltrators.

(What follows is kind of funny but so typical )

I dont recall who the GO guy was, but he came by to take me down there
for my interview, and we found the door to the closet locked, and he
didnt know where the key was.

Id had a run it with the GO before when I was FBO Pubs but that'll
wait.

All my life, Ive taken mechanical things apart, to see how they
worked, I suppose my gift is 'fixing' things that are broken. Perhaps
that's why I've spent ten years taking Scientology apart.....Id played
with locks before, seen how they work, taken them all apart, too AND
practiced picking them with hairpins for fun... and being basically a
wise guy, (and being very impatient, I didnt want to wait... I had
things to DO) who knew no evil in Scientology, I asked a gal if she
had a hairpin.. broke the pin in half... bent one end a little, and
proceeded to pick the lock.

It took me 3 or 4 minutes, it was a very old, worn, loose, deadbolt
lock, it was easy to pick... Though I was impressed that I managed to
pick it.
The Go Guy was also impressed but not in the same way I was..

Anyway.. after I picked it, the GO guys eyes got REAL big and he went
off ( I guess to talk to his 'superiors' I was sitting there thinking
he mustah needed a new pen or something ) decided that I was a risk of
some kind. it must have scared him. and he told me to wait in this
wire mesh enclosed recieving room , it was a big room, for storing
supplies coming into the hotel, it was all open, but had this heavy
wire mesh covering all openings. And then they padlocked the heavy
rolling door.
I, for the first time in my life, found myself .. A PRISONER!!!!

I was dutifully locked up in the wire mesh room.

Now, this got my attention

I considered my predicament. Here we were on HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD in
HOLLYWOOD... and I had just been locked in a heavy wire mesh room... I
looked around, and looked for a way to escape..
I mean, at the instant someone does something like this, ALL BETS ARE
OFF.. right? seeing none, and having been in the Audio business as
service manager for DC's largest and Hi-end audio store, MEYER-EMCO
(EMCO = Ed Meyer's Company, I wlaways thought that was cute. ED was a
good guy), I knew a bit about sound, and I cupped my hands into an
approximation of a HORN, and I started wailing about my predicament..
aiming the sound through the wire mesh, down the hallway where it
resonated to the entire staff of the Flag Operations Office West
US..at the time... and..(I hoped and intended) MAY have even been
noticable from THE STREET

Natalie Fisher who I guess was in her early 40's then, whome Id known
since 68 at FCDC was in the FOLO Offices down the big hallway.
Natalie Fisher had been placed on the proposed witness list in RTC vs
Lerma, and I looked so forward to refeshing her memory about the last
time she heard my voice...)

I started yelling about my predicament, in this loud wailing voice,
"I've been locked up in the basement - help get me out, I have done
nothing"
over and over again

The GO guy told me to shut up, I told him to no.

And continued yelling my *ss off, knowing that I had a lot of friends,
and I wasnt going to be mistreated THIS way...

Afetr about two hours of this I was released.

but soon after, I was told cause my FSC WUS Stats were down, that I
was to be RPF'd..

heh...

But thats another story...
to be continued...

Arnie Lerma

(c) Arnaldo Lerma
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Arnaldo Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON

I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake

If the Borg were to breed with the Ferengi you'd get Scientology!

The only real product of Scientology is More Scientologists
That is the etiology of cancer.

The only thing that works in scientology are its lawyers

The internet is the Liberty Tree
http://www.lermanet.com/faqs.html
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hubbard-the-hypnotist.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/scientology/altreligionscientology-killfile-settings.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/crowley-hubbard-666.htm
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/flint-suicides-in-scientology-040383.htm
both with IMAGES!!

"Scientologists believe that most human problems
can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial
people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million
years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters"
to individuals in the contemporary world, causing
spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives
of their hosts"
[Judge Leonie Brinkema 4 Oct 96 Memorandum Opinion]

What do we get from getting people out of scientology?
We create an individual who has become a Houdini of
all mind traps.. folks who won't be fooled again.
People who can DE-program, People who can spring mental
traps..

We create, by freeing someone of scientology, a being
who has the ability to break the strongest slave chains
of all.

Those forged of lies. (c) Arnaldo Lerma
Kassandra
2005-08-26 16:58:43 UTC
Wow... I had no idea, though I'm not surprised. Funny how you have to be
careful with your ingenuity in the face of paranoia. Again, another
juxtaposition with Stalinist practices.

-Kass
Barbara Schwarz
2005-08-26 21:16:55 UTC
Some infiltrators put me on that famous Introspection Rundown many
years ago. But even then, I just could have walked out, and I did it
sometimes.

That people can't leave the Scientology orgs is fabricated.

Barbara Schwarz
P.S.

German Tilman Joerg Hausherr works for Siemens. They produced medical
multi-purpose switches (lithotripters) that can be used to detonate
nuclear devices, and they shipped these concealed weapons of mass
destruction to dictator Saddam Hussein via France.

It is broadly suspected that Tilman Hausherr is a German secret service

agent for the OCP, the Office of Constitution Protection,
(Bundesverfassungsschutz) who confirmed a cozy relationship with
Siemens. This was mentioned first time by an ex critic.

Hausherr's boss at Siemens is Klaus Kleinfeld, his boss at the OCP is
Heinz Fromm.

The OCP wastes money and time to spy and infiltrate the Church
of Scientology with their agents but did not stop the September 11
terrorist cell of Mohammed Atta who flew in the planes in the twin
towers.

Tilman Hausherr, a man who works for such a company and a
German hostile secret service (that stalks me) should not write
articles on Wikipedia about me. He is heavily biased towards me. He
covers up all outrageous crimes that the government of Germany
committed against me.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/7d8f...

Btw, Wikipedia founder "Jumbo" Wales owns porn search engine
Bomis.com. That may also explain why Wikipedia is such a libel machine
in which "contributor" gangs, as the one of Tilman Hausherr, destroy
reputations and overwrite facts with defamation and false reports.

*******************
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=wikipedia%20sucks!&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&t...

***********************
Interesting websites:
http://www.parishioners.org/extremists/index.html
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/medianews/index.html
http://www.alarmgermany.org/tilman.htm
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/whistle/cwletters/cw2.html
http://bernie.cncfamily.com/sc/sitemap.htm
http://www.cchr.org
http://datafilter.com/mc
http://freespeechstore.com
http://www.amatterofjustice.org/amoj/00index.cfm
WCB
2005-08-26 22:53:49 UTC
Post by Barbara Schwarz
Some infiltrators put me on that famous Introspection Rundown many
years ago. But even then, I just could have walked out, and I did it
sometimes.
That people can't leave the Scientology orgs is fabricated.
You lie

AFFIDAVIT OF TONJA C. BURDEN

Copyright (C) 1980 Tonja Burden
Redistribution rights granted for non commercial purposes.

My name is Tonja Burden of Las Vegas, Nevada. I am 20 years old.
On or about March 3, 1973, when I was 13 years old, my father and mother
were recruited to join Scientology. I joined Scientology after being
recruited by Billy Kohn, and signed my Sea Organization contract for one
billion years on or about March 3, 1973.
Kohn stated that we would be placed on the staff in Las Vegas, live
in well furnished, private quarters, eat well and earn a substantial
amount of money with two days off per week. My father sold his Cadillac
and sports car, and we drove to Los Angeles with our recruiter.

Scientology placed me in the Cadet Organization, and my parents in
the American Saint Hill Organization (ASHO). The Cadet Organization,
headed by Dorothy Jefferson, at 811 Beacon Street, Los Angeles,
California, consisted of two three-story buildings that housed
approximately 400 children. The Cadet Organization was designed to
teach children about Scientology. My duties were to care, clean and
feed the children. Myself and another girl my age were the two oldest
children at the Cadet Organization. The living conditions were squalid.
Glass from broken windows lay strewn over the floors. Live electrical
wires were exposed in areas where young children played. We received
little food. On several occasions spoiled milk with maggots was served
to children. The maggots were removed by hand before the milk was
served. In addition to caring for the children, I cleaned toilets
daily. I wrote to L. Ron Hubbard explaining the conditions, but nothing
improved.

Children were not allowed to live with their parents. Scientology
permitted one visit every other week, and only for 45 minutes during
mealtime. My parents were placed at American Saint Hill Organization
and left Scientology in September 1973, when I was aboard the ship, the
Apollo.

One day a man arrived at the Cadet Organization from Flag. Flag
headquarters was on the Apollo. This man spoke of 'The Source,' L Ron
Hubbard. Hubbard, the founder of Scientology, needed 'messengers' and
others to work aboard his ship.

I left the Cadet Organization after approximately three months. I
was then sent to Folo, another Scientology base located at the Manor on
Franklin Street in Los Angeles, California. At Folo I was placed in the
Flag Readiness Unit (FRU). Chuck Pierce ran this unit. The program was
designed to conduct 'security checks' of individuals to ensure they were
appropriate subjects to work for L. Ron Hubbard aboard the Apollo.

During questioning they attempted to determine if I was connected
to any 'Suppressive Persons.' (A Suppressive Person is one hostile to
the Scientology cult.) I was given a personality test and an IQ test
and other tests. I participated in indoctrination (brainwashing) for
three months. Finally, I was approved and sent into Briefing.

The Briefing process occurred on or about August 1973. In
briefing, Peter Cook instructed me to give specific answers to certain
questions that may be asked me by non-Scientologists. Basically,
briefing involved how to answer questions that I might encounter while
en route to the Apollo. Many of the things I was instructed to say were
not true. The location and operations aboard the Apollo remained
secret. I was told if a customs agent or other non-Scientologist asked
about my destination, I should respond I was 'in transit'.

Peter cook briefed me on my cover story. I was to tell people I
was 'in transit' to the Operation Transport Corporation (OTC), a
business management school on board ship. In briefing, Cook
demonstrated my 'in transit conduct' by using modeling clay. He would
construct a clay ship and clay people and simulate my interactions with
other people while 'in transit;' using this method, he ingrained the
standard responses.

I flew to New York after briefing and was met by Kevin Campbell.
Campbell worked in a building in New York and assisted in operating
RONY. RONY, I later learned, was a liaison point that received coded
Telex messages from the Apollo and relayed those coded messages via
Telex machines to other organizations ('orgs') in the United States and
other parts of the world. Aboard the ship I would see Mike Henderson
take Telex messages from the ship and go ashore to send those messages
to RONY in New York. On other occasions, Henderson would go ashore to
receive Telex messages from RONY, New York. I was privy to these
practices as L. Ron Hubbard's personal messenger.

Campbell placed me on a plane and instructed me to meet Chuck Adams
at my destination, Lisbon, Portugal. Adams met me at the airport in
Lisbon and informed me that the Apollo had set sail. Several hours
later, Adams discovered the ship's destination was the island of
Madeira. I was placed on a plane to Madrid, Spain and at Madrid
switched over to a flight that arrived on the island of Madeira.

Questioned by customs agents, I told them I was 'in transit.' I
located a taxi drive who drove me to the Apollo.

I saw the Apollo for the first time and was greatly disappointed by
its dilapidated condition. Once aboard, I was assigned a 'buddy' and
given two days to learn about the ship. The Apollo was one of five
ships operated by Scientology which Hubbard used to direct the worldwide
organizations. There were approximately 300 - 500 'Sea Org'
Scientologist aboard the Apollo. I was given a berth in the women's
dorm and placed in the Estates Project Force (EPF).

The EPF was designed to work on the individual to gauge how much
strain one could tolerate. I was told the EPF would transform me to an
'able-bodied seaman.'

In FPF, my day began at 6:00 am. I scrubbed clothes from 6:00 am
until 12:00 noon without breakfast or any breaks. The clothes were
scrubbed by hand in a bucket, and I was directed to rinse each article
in 13 separate buckets. Then I hung the clothes on the deck to dry.

After one-half hour lunch I was assigned to clean six cabins.
Cabins had to meet white glove inspection. This meant a white glove or
Q-tip was used to check corners and shelves of each cabin for dust. If
the cabins were not cleaned to white-glove perfection, I had to run a
lap around the boat before recleaning the room. A lap was equivalent to
about one-fifth of a mile. My day would end about 12:00 midnight.

On rainy days I ironed the clothes dry. This required ironing
during the evening hours and into the morning hours. On many occasions
I ironed through the night, finishing at 6:00 am. I then started
washing the next morning's clothing. On occasion I worked three or four
days without sleep. I fell asleep at the ironing board with a hot iron
in my hand. My senior, 'Doreen' Gilliam, 'caught' me sleeping and
yanked my head off the board. She ordered me to run laps and assigned
me a condition of 'Doubt.' A condition of 'Doubt' required 15 hours of
'amends work'. This additional work had to be performed during my sleep
and meal time. Until I completed my amends work, I was ordered not to
communicate with anyone. I ate lunch alone. Finally, I spoke up,
telling them I had enough. I was sent to the Commanding messenger, and
she assigned me one month in the galley, washing pots and pans. I
washed pots and pans for one month and went back into the EPF.

EPF was like prison. I had to say 'sir' to everyone and was
generally allowed 15 minutes for meals. They would not let me out of
the EPF until I proved myself. I was totally brainwashed to receive and
take orders. I was paid $2.90 per week for this work.

While in EPF I never heard from my parents, no phone calls or
letters. Aboard the ship, I received a Telex from Peter Albert, who was
the Continental Justice Chief, FOLO. The Telex informed me my father
had been declared an SP (Suppressive Person). They said he was a
'plant,' a spy within Scientology. I began crying and asked to leave,
telling them I could convince my father to return to Scientology.

Dede Riesdorf, the 'Super Cargo' of our 'org', would not permit me
to leave. I explained I wanted to leave and reunite with my mom and
dad, but she would not permit this. She told me to 'disconnect' from my
parents because my parents were SP's. Disconnection meant no more
communication with my parents. They told me my parents would not make
it in the world, but that I would make it in the world.

Tony Armstrong, the commanding officer, assigned me a 'condition of
Doubt' and ordered me back on the EPF. She said since I wished to leave
I had to return to the EPF. I was automatically assigned 15 'hours of
amends' due to the 'condition of Doubt.' I returned to the 6:00 am -
midnight schedule, again, occasionally working twenty-four hours a day.
Approximately one month after, I was reassigned to 'Training Routines'
(TR).

During the Training Routines, myself and two other practiced
carrying messages to LRH. We had to listen to a message, repeat it in
the same tone, and practice salutes.

'Ghosting' was on-the-job training where I learned how to serve
LRH. I followed another messenger around and observed her carry his
hat, light his cigarettes, carry his ashtray, and prepare his
toiletries. Eventually, I performed those duties.

As his servant I would sit outside his room and help him out of bed
when he called 'messenger.' I responded by assisting him out of bed,
lighting his cigarette, running his shower, preparing his toiletries and
helping him dress. After that I ran to his office to check it, hoping
it passed white glove inspection. He frequently exploded if he found
dust or dirt or smelled soap in his clothes. That is why we used 13
buckets to rinse.

I then would set up LRH's auditing room; he audited himself. Then
I prepared a snack for him. LRH would go into auditing for several
hours. Later, I delivered messages to LRH. I carried messages between
Hubbard and the Telex machines on the Apollo, which were connected to
Scientology Organizations on land. The messages were also sent via
Telex to RONY when someone went ashore.

While on the Apollo, I observed numerous punishments meted out for
many minor infractions or mistakes made in connection with Hubbard's
very strict and bizarre policies. On a number of occasions, I saw
people placed in the 'chain lockers' of the boat on direct orders of
Hubbard. These lockers were small, smelly holes, covered by grates
where the chain for the anchor was stored. I saw one boy held in there
for 30 nights, crying and begging to be released. He was only allowed
out to clean the bilges where the sewer and refuse of the ship
collected. I believe his 'crimes' were taking or using a musical
instrument, I believe a flute, of someone else without permission. I
also saw a young boy and a young girl thrown in the chain lockers at
separate times because of romantic involvements they had with other
people. Hubbard fanatically prohibited involvement between the sexes,
or out-2D, as it is called in Scientoloy. Married persons were allowed
to see each other but it was strictly controlled.

LRH told me he was selling the ship and moving to a land base. The
boat was sold sometime during October 1975. Approximately 500 people
moved to Daytona Beach. We rented several hotels in Daytona. After
several months we moved to the Fort Harrison in Clearwater. At first,
LRH called it the United Churches. I heard LRH scheme this cover. He
said we would be called United Churches, although no other real churches
were involved. Finally, Mayor Cazares discovered that United Churches
was a cover name for Scientology.

I discovered this scheme by reading public relations office papers.
These papers were prepared by the public relations office, and the
papers explained the United Church front. A public relations officer
was a person who dealt with the public.

At Fort Harrison, security guards were stationed outside to prevent
people from 'blowing'. To 'blow' meant to leave Scientology. People
were not allowed to just leave Scientology. Approximately 30 to 40
people tried to escape. These people were caught and placed in the RPF
(Rehabilitation Project Force). The RPF was a Scientology
'concentration camp', where people who were 'security threats' were kept
under guard. The RPF at Fort Harrison was in a storage area.

Some people were allowed to 'leave' after being 'security checked',
searched, and after having their Scientology-related books and materials
confiscated, even if they had paid for them. These people also had to
sign documents pertaining to their 'crimes' and sign various documents
prepared by the Guardian's Office, the 'GO'. The GO was the secret
police arm of Scientology.

At Fort Harrison I remained LRH's personal messenger. I observed
LRH control the operation of Scientology in the various 'orgs' worldwide
from Fort Harrison. I coded and decoded messages to and directly from
Hubbard. Hubbard used approximately 15 codes at this time to conceal
his operations, programs and policies, which he disseminated worldwide.
I personally delivered messages concerning Operation Snowhite, Operation
Freakout, Operation Goldmine, and other Scientology secret and illegal
operations. I also filed these operations in Hubbard's personal filing
cabinet, and later in filing cabinets of the GO.

All Telex communications were processed through his messengers.
These Telexes were coded and sent to: Los Angeles, United States
Guardian's Office, Folo, RONY, Africa, Henning Heldt, Arthur Maren, Jane
Kember and other individuals and locations. Telexes were sent to all
Guardian Offices worldwide. One Telex from LRH questioned Mayor
Cazares' educational background. He discovered this information through
a private investigator.

LRH declared people Suppressive Persons if they escaped from
Scientology. He sent Telexes to the Guardian's Office listing the SP's.
I have seen names of people declared SP's by LRH.

In February, 1976 Hubbard left for New York. I performed the same
duties of coding and decoding messages for the Guardian's Office. I
received many messages from Hubbard. When Hubbard was in La Qunita,
California, I continued to code and decode messages from Hubbard to the
Guardian's Office seven days a week until August 1977.

In August 1977 I refused to perform a certain order and was sent to
the galley, where I performed menial labor until I emotionally broke
apart and was sent to the Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) on the
direct orders of Hubbard.

In the RPF you were labeled 'treasonous' and force to work 18 hours
a day, 7 days a week, and oftentimes received only 'rice and beans' and
water. During this time I personally observed a person chained to pipes
in the boiler room in the Fort Harrison building for a period of weeks.
In the RPF I saw people screaming and crying during the constant
'auditing' on the E-meter. The E-meter is a lie detector used during
auditing. RPF prisoners were forced to undergo 'auditing' in order to
'audit out' their evil purposes against Hubbard and Scientology. I
cried virtually the whole time I was in the RPF.

Finally, in November 1977 I decided I had to escape. At
approximately 4:30 a.m. I stole the keys from a guard who was sleeping
at the door to the storage area where we slept. I crawled through an
air duct on my stomach, where I observed the telephone in the lobby. I
saw no one, ran to the telephone, and called my father and told him of
the situation. He told me he would send my uncle to come and get me and
take me to Fort Lauderdale. I convinced the officers in the RPF that my
uncle was a VIP for the Miami Dolphins (which was not true), and that if
they refused his request to visit, that might cause bad public
relations. Finally, with my uncle's assistance, I escaped and flew back
to Las Vegas.

Approximately two weeks after I returned to Las Vegas, two of
Hubbards's agents came to my house and told me that Hubbard wanted to
see me. I told them I would never return. They then asked if I would
go for a cup of coffee with them. After a short while I agreed to have
coffee. I got in the car, in the front seat, and sat between the two
agents. After driving a few minutes, I noticed we were driving to the
highway, and I asked where we were going. They told me I was being
taken to Los Angeles to see Hubbard.

In Los Angeles I was locked in a room and forced to undergo a
'security check' on the E-meter. I was very scared and crying, and told
them I had a family reunion to go to during the Holidays. I told them I
had relatives on the police department in Las Vegas, and that I would
come back after the Holidays. I convinced them to release me, and I
returned home by bus. For weeks after I arrived home, they constantly
called me to find out when I would return. I said Never!

I was in Scientology from the age of 13 to the age of 18. I
received at some times approximately $2.50 a week pay, and at other
times approximately $17.50 a week. I received no education, and in fact
phony classrooms were set up in Florida to demonstrate to educational
officials of Clearwater from knowing we were living and sleeping on the
floor in hallways and storage areas, sometimes without mattresses.

The Organization currently has approximately $800.00 of my personal
property. When I demanded it be returned to me, they sent me a bill for
the amount of $58,000, which I returned to them, and they thereafter
sent me a 'corrected' bill for $36,005.70, which I have attached to this
statement.

In December 1979, after a class action suit was brought by former
members of Scientology, I received an 'Amnesty Proclamation', which I
have also attached. It is possible that some former members of
Scientology may be deceived by this Amnesty and return to Scientology.
I feel frightened for them because I know what it is like inside
Scientology. I just hope the public learns what Hubbard is really
doing.

The facts, of which I have personal knowledge, set forth in the
foregoing affidavit are true. Facts of which I do not have personal
knowledge, I believe to be true based on my best information and belief.
The dates stated herein cover many years and represent my best memory,
but I am not precisely certain of their accuracy.

Signed under the pain and penalties of perjury this day of January
25, 1980.

Tonja C. Burden of Las Vegas, Nevada
--
Xenu is around and about,
mention Hubbard, Xenu pops out!

Cheerful Charlie
cultxpt
2005-08-26 23:53:04 UTC
http://www.lisamcpherson.org/cos/hr_abuse.htm

33 such cases.
WCB
2005-08-27 02:42:24 UTC
Post by cultxpt
http://www.lisamcpherson.org/cos/hr_abuse.htm
33 such cases.
Most of these I seem to have declarations for.

Has anybody ever done a collection and count of declarations
floating around about Scientology?

Cheerful Charlie
WCB
2005-08-27 00:44:14 UTC
Post by Lermanet.com
[...]
A minor tale compared to some.

Has anybody collected a unified collection by date of people
who have been so held against their will?

Tonja Burden, Hana Whitfield, others?

How is it then they do this again and again and get by with it?
All I can think is, somebody up in Washington DC is sitting
with their thumbs jammed in their fundaments good and deep.

One would think that some where along the line, somebody
would sy "What the hell is all this stuff with Scientology!
Shouldn't we be investigating this?"

Just what policies are these guys following anyway?
Who writes the rules that send people out from Flag
to physically drag back escapees?

Perhaps this should be the next ARS project?
Gathering evidence, declarations from courts, personal
tales or observations, organizing and setting up enough
evidence with willing people who aren't afraid to
put their experiences in a declaration to get something going
in Washington?

Waiting for the next big outrage to happen in this vein
to lower the boom big time?

We had the Aznerans, Mayo and the running program,
and others.

DECLARATION OF ANNE ROSENBLUM

REHABILITATION PROJECT FORCE

The RPF was created by LRH in 1974 for people who were in
ethics trouble and not getting handled, as well as for R/S-er's [the
criminally insane]. The RPF rules and regulations are all covered in
the "Flag Order 3434" series. The basic issue which gives the outline
of the RPF is Flag Order 3434. There are numerous other issues as
more rules and regulations were made. These issues are all in a
series
(i. e. F.O. 3434-1; F.O. 3434-2, etc.). I believe they were up to
around F.O. 3434-30 by the time I left.

Our sleeping arrangements were bad. The guys slept in what
was used as the RPF course room during the day. It was an old
storage room, with no windows. They would throw their mattresses
on the floor at night, and the room was filled with wall-to-wall
mattresses.

When I was originally in the RPF the girls slept in a hallway
near an elevator shaft, leading to the garage. The mattresses covered
the floors there also. We were later moved to an old locker room in
the Fort Harrison, with no windows. They let us turn the vents on
during the night to keep from suffocating but the door was closed to
prevent someone from blowing [leaving]. An RPF MAA or someone
"high up" in the RPF, would sleep near the door, and of course bed
checks were done nightly. There were also F. H. [Fort Harrison Hotel]
Security Guards constantly policing the F. H. plus an "RPF Guard" in
the garage at night.

In December, 1978, we were moved to a storage area in the
garage. It was a partly wooden, partly cement, enclosure built
against one of the garage walls. It was build to be a storage area,
but
as the RPF grew so large, it was made the RPF girl's sleeping area.
Wooden bunks were built, that were about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of a
regular twin bed. The bunks were built 3 and 4 stacks high, and were
put in there side-by-side. Our "mattresses" were pieces of foam cut
to fit the bunks. It was like crawling into a hole to get into bed.
You
couldn't even sit up because of the bunk above you, and it was
difficult to try to turn over because they weren't wide enough. The
worst problem was that being in the garage, we inhaled all the car
fumes when cars would go through, in addition to the noise of cars
that FCCI's and staff would make driving in and out.

We had routine visits from Fire and Health Officials in
Clearwater. Somehow, the G. O. seemed to know in advance when
they were coming, and were warned. When they arrived, we stacked
mattresses, boxes and all sorts of junk in our sleeping space, to make
it look like a storage area. The officials apparently never suspected
that people were actually living there. If an official surprised us,
the
G. O. would take him around other F. H. areas while we received the
message to make it look like a storage area. The staff lodging in the
Fort Harrison was pretty bad also. Many staff and students had 6-8
beds in a small room. When officials came around, those rooms were
locked or signs put on them "Confessionals in Progress" so no one
would go in, and the G. O. would randomly show them other rooms
with only 2 or 3 beds.

I looked at the order, turned around, and went to a phone in a
hallway (inter-building phone) and called the Registrar in the F. H.,
giving him a false name. I convinced him to give me the phone
number of another Scientologist in Clearwater. She was the only
person I know who wasn't an S. O member and I believed that she
would not turn me in. Then I walked out of the garage, jumped over
the wall, and just kept walking. No one noticed me, I don't think
anyone knew I had left Sick Bay, so I was not guarded at the time.

I walked like a zombie for about 15 minutes, at least I think it
was about 15 minutes. There was nothing going through my mind. It
was completely blank - like a zombie. It was like my mind was off in
space somewhere. I noticed nothing around me; I don't know where I
walked. Anyway, after about 15 minutes, I began to realize that I had
just jumped over the wall. I was in serious trouble. I was petrified
and wanted to return but if I did, I would be under guard again and
placed in the RPF's RPF. I would also again be placed on their Bad
Indicators (B. I.) list, which consisted of people who were under
guard at all times. I was on the B. I. list when I was taken off the
C/S post, except no one know I left the sick room, so they hadn't
assigned a guard to me yet.

I'm not sure where I was, somewhere on Fort Harrison Avenue,
I think. I sat down on a stairway to figure out what to do. Then I
remembered I had made that phone call to get my friend's number, so
I walked to a 7-11 and called her. I received directions to her
house.
It was approximately 4-5 miles. I walked it, and when I got there,
there were 4-5 guys waiting for me. I'm not sure if my friend called
them of if someone heard me asking for my friend's phone number. I
completely broke down when I saw them, crying and carrying on. I
told them I wanted to talk to my friend alone. I was pretty
incoherent
talking to my friend. I wasn't making too much sense by this point,
and the tears were just flowing. I kept crying about how I couldn't
handle the RPF anymore. That it was not them, but it was me; I said
that I needed Expanded Dianetics and I had to get myself handled
because I was psychotic, but I couldn't get it handled while in the
RPF, because I was too "restimulated;" and therefore, I would never
get out of the RPF. I was just rambling. Meanwhile, my friend was
convincing me to return to the RPF. She said I would be a fool not to
pay it back. She told me of a friend of ours (mutual friend) who had
left Scientology, and then was killed in a motorcycle accident. If I
left I'd probably pull in a "motivator" like that (Scientology
believes
if
you do something bad, then something bad will happen back to you -
called a motivator). Finally, I agreed to go back, and "route out" of
the "Sea Org."

So I was "escorted" back by the guys, and put under
immediate guard. I think by now it's about the beginning of August.
The next few weeks until I actually left are pretty hazy to me - sort
of
like one mass of confusion. I know I got a "Court of Ethics" and a
"Committee of Evidence" and a "Fitness Board." All of these were
ethics actions showing how bad I was for wanting to leave. If I began
to "doubt" Scientology the MAA would tell me that I wasn't doing the
formulas right and to go back and do them again. I was slowly
becoming crazy.

Meanwhile I was under guard, and I refused to work most of
the time. I was a real "basket case." I finally reached the point
where
they would just let me sit and do nothing, or work on my condition
formulas all day long with someone watching me. Sometimes they
would have two people watching me. One of the MAA's tried to throw
me in the RPF's RPF, but I screamed and yelled that I would "bite"
him if he touched me. So they just let me sit, except for hassling me
during the day about being a "freeloader." They would say: "Don't
you think you should do a little work, at least to pay for the food
you're eating?" I usually replied with a "no." Sometimes I agreed to
work. I think they were at a point where they just didn't know what
to do with me anymore.