How Scientology is trying to "handle" this newsgroup - Please Read Original Post in Thread
Truth Seeker
2003-11-14 20:14:09 UTC
How Scientology is trying to "handle" this newsgroup:

There was a time when this newsgroup was just like any other
newsgroup on the internet. Unfortunately this is not the case anymore.
About 7-10 years ago Scientology decided that this newsgroup was a
source of bad publicity for the church and that it needed to be
"handled" just like all the other sources of criticism in the past.
But the newsgroup "Alt.Religion.Scientology" presented a problem the
likes of which Scientology had never faced before. In the past all
criticism of the church usually emanated from one locatable source,
like a newspaper, magazine, or TV show. The reason Scientology
couldn't handle this newsgroup the same way it did other sources of
criticism in the past is because it is not located in any one place.
The different articles that comprise this newsgroup are stored on
hundreds of servers all over the planet. There isn't any one location
they can go to in order to shut it down. As a result of this,
Scientology had to come up with a different solution to this problem.
The following is a description of the solution they came up with to
"handle" this criticism.

There was two things Scientology wanted to keep away from the
outside world, criticism of Scientology and critics of Scientology.
They decided that the best way to keep people from reading the
criticism of Scientology was to surround it with fake criticism. They
decided that the best way to keep people from finding critics of
Scientology was to surround them with fake critics. For example, if
you were to lay a diamond on a table and ask someone to find the
diamond that was laying on the table it would be jokingly easy. Now
take 30 FAKE diamonds that look and feel just like the real diamond,
mix them up with the real diamond and place them all on the table.
Then ask the same person to find the real diamond. This time finding
the real diamond is not so easy. This is the same solution Scientology
has taken in order to hide real critics and real criticism on this
newsgroup. The full explanation as to why they chose a solution of
using fakes is explained in an article titled: "The key to how
Scientology is handling this newsgroup".

The first step was to create some phony critics. In general, they
took about 5-10 members from different orgs all around the world and
gave each one 3 different aliases to post by. This was to give the
appearance that they are 25-30 different people. The term "OSA trolls"
is used on this newsgroup to describe these people. For a more
specific description of how Scientology creates phony critics from
their own church members, please read an article titled: "The Magical
Transformation of Church Member into Critic".

Most of the posts by these different names are automated and
posted by computers. This is in order to keep things going 24 hours a
day and to ease the work load on their church members. The posts that
were put up by the computers were generated from databases of text
that didn't consist of any real criticism of the church but was just
some gibberish that was loosely connected with Scientology in some
way. When you read the posts put up by the computers, your response
will usually be: "Oh, who cares about that?". The post seems to be
connected with criticism of Scientology but will fall into the
category of "Who cares?". If the criticism was boring or mostly
off-topic, more than likely its phony criticism. Phony criticism will
never tell you anything that will hurt Scientology in a real way, the
topic for discussion is usually very trivial and adds up to nothing.
Scientology is hoping that the reader will leave this newsgroup out of
boredom.

Any time there was a situation requiring a real unique post or
response, a person would take over and post under that name. For
example, 70% of what you see posted on this newsgroup under the names
of Praxis or Zinj was posted by computer software and the other 30% by
a actual person. The ratio between what's generated and posted by
computer software and what's done by a person varies from troll to
troll. For example, most of Magoo's posts are done by her and very
little is automated, on the contrary most of Kristi Wachter's posts
are automated. Please remember, as a result of this post, OSA could
make changes to these ratios in the future.

Here is a list of the ways it will benefit Scientology if the
reader makes the mistake of confusing a phony critic for a real one:

1. If the phony critic advises him to: "Log onto this web site" or
"Log onto that web site" the he will follow that bad advise and log
onto a OSA controlled web site and make it possible for OSA to track
his location. They can trace back to the location where he logged on
from, just like a phone call can be traced back to the location where
it was placed from. The web site will appear to be critical of
Scientology but the criticism is fabricated and fake. When the phony
critic keeps asking you to "log onto this web site" or "log onto that
web site" they are actually doing a form of internet newsgroup "body
routing". They are trying to "body route" you off of this newsgroup
and onto a OSA created or OSA controlled web site.

2. If the phony critic asks him: "Join us on a picket of a Scientology
org" he may follow this bad advise and come out in the open and join
the phony critic or critics on a picket. The reason the phony critic
wants this person to "Come on out with us on a picket" is so he and
his fellow Scientologists can find out what he looks like and who he
is. This is another technique Scientology uses in order to locate
their enemies. Scientology does not like to have antagonist & enemies
and not know who they are and where they are. The beneficial effects
of finding out who these enemies are cancels out any negative effects
caused by the picket.

3. If a phony critic asks him: "Send me you Scientology mail" he may
do just that. In doing so, Scientology will find out who it is from
their mailing list that is currently taking a critical view of them.
This is just another way for Scientology to find the names and
addresses of their enemies and antagonists. Even if you were to cut
out your name and address off the mail, it could still be there in
some other form like a bar code. Anybody asking you to send them your
"Scientology promotional mail" is most likely an OSA agent pretending
to be a critic, so beware.

4. If the reader is running an organization which is antagonistic
towards Scientology, he may mistakenly let this phony critic into his
organization. At this point, the phony critic can wreck and destroy
his organization. This is what happened to Bob Minton when he let a
phony critic into his organization. There is nothing more destructive
to an organization than to have an enemy inside that organization
pretending to be a part of that organization. When a man mistakes his
enemy for his friend, he's headed for trouble. This is a mistake
Scientology wants you and me to make.

5. If the phony critic says things that make him sound like a
religions bigot, the reader will conclude that the critics of
Scientology are made up of religious bigots.

6. If the phony critic acts like a pervert or says things that are
perverted, the reader will conclude that the critics of Scientology
are perverts. Scientology wants the world to think this because that
is what L. Ron Hubbard stated in his books and lectures. One of OAS's
goals is to validate L. Ron Hubbard's claims regarding the enemies of
Scientology.

7. If the phony critic acts crazy or says things that are crazy, the
reader will conclude that the critics of Scientology are all mentally
ill. Scientology wants the world to think this because that is what L.
Ron Hubbard stated in his books and lectures regarding the enemies of
Scientology.

Here is a list of the ways it will benefit Scientology if the
reader makes the mistake of confusing phony criticism for real
criticism.

1. He will get bored with reading criticism of Scientology in general
and go off and do something else. This is just what Scientology wants
to happen. They create what looks like criticism on the surface but it
doesn't really tell you anything that is hurtful to Scientology. The
normal response you get from reading this type of phony criticism is:
"Oh well, who cares about that?". They make it look like criticism of
Scientology but it doesn't contain any real substance. There is
another reason why they are trying to bore the reader with boring fake
criticism. They feel that most of people who are reading this
newsgroup are angry and looking for blood and guts criticism. By
posting criticism that's at 2.5 (boredom) on the tone scale they are
hoping to handle the angry 1.5 who's reading it. L. Ron Hubbard said
that boredom will handle an angry person and this is another reason
why they employ it.

2. His time will be spent reading phony criticism and not real
criticism. They know that you can't read phony criticism and real
criticism at the same time. How do you get somebody off real
criticism? Give them phony criticism! They are using it as a
distraction. It is sort of like in the movie "The Wizard of Oz" ware
the all powerful Oz says: "Pay no attention to the man behind the
curtain!". Scientology wants you to spend your time looking at their
fake criticism and not the real McCoy.

3. He will come away feeling that the critics of Scientology are all
bigots. If the criticism consists of bigoted statements, the reader
will conclude that the critics of Scientology are all bigots. The
phony criticism is deliberately fabricated to sound like it was
written by a bigot in order to discredit the real critics of
Scientology. Everybody knows what the stereo type is of a religiously
bigoted person. They deliberately write the phony criticism in this
stereo-typical fashion.

4. He will come away feeling that the critics of Scientology are all
crazy. If the criticism consists of crazy, nutty statements, the
reader will conclude that the critics of Scientology are all mentally
ill. The phony criticism is deliberately fabricated to sound like it
was written by a lunatic. One of the things L. Ron Hubbard use to say
was that only the insane would try and stop Scientology. One of OSA's
jobs is to validate what L. Ron Hubbard stated in his books and
lectures regarding the enemies of Scientology.

5. He will come away feeling that the critics of Scientology are all
perverts. If the criticism contains perverted statements and
suggestions, the reader will conclude that the critics of Scientology
are perverts. Scientology wants the world to think this because that
is what L. Ron Hubbard stated in his books and lectures regarding the
enemies of Scientology.

6. He will come away feeling that the critics of Scientology are all
liars. If the criticism consists of untrue statements or exaggerations
about L. Ron Hubbard or what L. Ron Hubbard wrote in his books or said
in his lectures, the reader will conclude that the critics of
Scientology are all liars. The phony criticism is deliberately
fabricated to contain alterations, exaggerations and lies with the
hope that the reader will discover them. After discovering them,
seemingly on his own, he will conclude: "The critics of Scientology
are nothing but a bunch of liars". Of course, this is just what
Scientology wants.

Truth Seeker
"OSA Stands for: (O)perations by (S)uppressive (A)ssholes"

If you want to know what Scientology doesn't want you
to know, take a look these posts that I've put up earlier on
this newsgroup. (That's if the Church of "Suppress Free Speech"
hasn't illegally cancelled them)

"How to spot the OSA members on this newsgroup"
"How you know you've just read phony criticism created by Scientology"
"Scientology's Plan to Stop Critics & Criticism on this newsgroup"
"The key to how Scientology is handling this newsgroup"
"Why you should stay away from Scientology"
"The FAQ for Alt.Religion.Scientology"
"Names Scientology is Posting by on this newsgroup"
"Tactics OSA uses to stop critics on this newsgroup"
"The Magical Transformation of Church Member into Critic"
"How Scientology is playing both sides of the coin"
"Scientology's Decoy System"
"The 3 beliefs Scientology wants the world to believe"
"Some different Ways to "Handle" Scientology"
"How Scientology Traps New Members"
"Scientology's Trick to keep people from REAL criticism"
"Weaknesses of the Church of Scientology"
"How Scientology creates identity confusion"
Rookie1122Rk
2003-11-14 20:46:45 UTC
Subject: How Scientology is trying to "handle" this newsgroup - Please Read
Original Post in Thread
Date: 11/14/2003 12:14 PM Pacific Standard Time
Here is a list of the ways it will benefit Scientology if the
1. If the phony critic advises him to: "Log onto this web site" or
"Log onto that web site" the he will follow that bad advise and log
onto a OSA controlled web site and make it possible for OSA to track
his location.
You seem to know a lot about phony websites. Why can't you just give me ONE in
this whole universe that is legitimate in critcizing Scientology? I am asking
you who professes to be an expert. You can't be honest when you say
Scientology has closed them all down.

And I still don't understand how it discredits the critics and not Scientology
itself. Can you explain this, please? I didn't feel that way after reading.

You profess to hate Scientology. Why do you? What did they do to you that
made you post so much on this board?

Engage in the discussions that you create. I don't understand why you would
get so upset when someone asks for clarification about something you posted.
If someone asks me about a post, I would respond graciously and even appreciate
it that they read my post. It may even help me revise my original statement.

Regards
Truth Seeker
2003-11-15 02:49:38 UTC
Post by Rookie1122Rk
You seem to know a lot about phony websites. Why can't you just give me ONE in
this whole universe that is legitimate in critcizing Scientology? I am asking
I personally don't know of any. Ok? I'm sure if anybody put up a
real critical web site, The Church of Scientology would put all of
their OSA goons on trying to tear it down.
Post by Rookie1122Rk
you who professes to be an expert. You can't be honest when you say
Scientology has closed them all down.
If there is any, I don't know of them. I'm having a hard enough
time keeping the OSA dogs off me on this newsgroup, I can imagine how
much trouble it would be to have a web site up, a web site with real
hurful data to the church.
Post by Rookie1122Rk
And I still don't understand how it discredits the critics and not Scientology
itself. Can you explain this, please? I didn't feel that way after reading.
If you tell the world your a critic of Scientology and create a
web site that is laced with lies, religious bigotry, 1.1 reductions,
remember they call it "Operation Clambake". They call Scientologists
"Clams". Thats a reduction and makes them look like 1.1's, right? A
person at 1.1 on the tone scale employs reductions as a way to handle
the people around him. The people who created the xenu web site WANTED
the readers to think the person who wrote is was a 1.1. They want you
and me to come away from reading that web site think "Wow, those
Scientology critics are nothing but a bunch of 1.1's, liars or
religious bigots.

Let me sum this up real simple for you: If you profess to be a
critic of Scientology, and then do one or more of these things on this
newsgroup or on a web site: 1) Lie 2) Act like a nut 3) Act like a 1.1
4) Act like an SP 5) Act like you don't know what your talking about
or 6) Act like a religious bigot, SINCE THE OUTSIDE WORLD THINKS
YOU'RE A CRITIC OF SCIENTOLOGY, THEY WILL CONCLUDE THAT THE CRITICS OF
SCIENTOLOGY ARE:

1. Liars
2. 1.1's
3. SP's
4. Crazy
5. Don't know what they are talking about
6. Are religious bigots

It's very simple, pretend to be something you are not, then act
and talk in a disreputable way and you will succeed in discrediting
the identity you are pretending to be. For example, if I dress up to
look exactly like one of my friends, lets say his name is Steve. Then
I go out on the town and act like a jerk, insulting people, saying and
doing crazy things, since the people out on the town THINK I'm Steve,
who's reputation did I just hurt? Mine? NO! Steve's! I HURT STEVE'S
REPUTATION SINCE THE WORLD THOUGHT I WAS STEVE. They thought that was
Steve doing all those things.

This is just what the Church of Scientology is doing. They get a group
of church members, try to convince the world they are enemies of the
church. Once the world believes they are enemies and critics of
Scientology they tell them to:

1. Lie
2. Act like a 1.1 by using reductions
3. Act like an SP
4. Act crazy
5. Act like they don't know what they are talking about
6. Act like religious bigots
7. Act like perverts

Since the world believes these people are the critics of Scientology
they think the Critics of Scientology are:

1. Liars
2. 1.1's
3. SP's
4. Crazy
5. Don't know what they are talking about
6. Are religious bigots
7. Perverts

Which is just what the Church of Scientology wants!
Post by Rookie1122Rk
You profess to hate Scientology. Why do you? What did they do to you that
made you post so much on this board?
I hate injustice and lies. I'm upset with Scientology because it
has treated me like I've done something wrong when I have not. I'm
upset with Scientology because it doens't follow what is written in
it's own books regarding the justice system.
Post by Rookie1122Rk
Engage in the discussions that you create. I don't understand why you would
get so upset when someone asks for clarification about something you posted.
If someone asks me about a post, I would respond graciously and even appreciate
it that they read my post. It may even help me revise my original statement.
Regards
Now, it's been clarified. What I get upset with is when people
keep asking me to explain this and that OVER AND OVER AND OVER just to
waste my time. Now that I've explained it to you, don't ask again.

CaptAngst
2003-11-15 03:32:46 UTC
Post by Truth Seeker
Now, it's been clarified. What I get upset with is when people
keep asking me to explain this and that OVER AND OVER AND OVER just to
waste my time. Now that I've explained it to you, don't ask again.
That's right...never mind that he just cut and pasted more of his bilge to
"answer" your question. Which is no answer all.
And never mind that he/she/it is "mad" at the Church for doing 'em wrong,
without providing even a cursary explaination for the complaint.
We're just supposed to take "their" word for it.

And how dare you question his genuineness or sincerity?

He's "TruthSeeker" the ONLY verifiied critic of Scientology on the whole of the
Net!
Bow before him, lowly OSA pawn!

Getting a better understanding of what we're dealing with here, Rookie?

Angst
Truth Seeker

Rookie1122Rk
2003-11-15 03:37:15 UTC
Subject: Re: How Scientology is trying to "handle" this newsgroup - Please
Read Original Post in Thread
Date: 11/14/2003 6:49 PM Pacific Standard Time
Post by Rookie1122Rk
this whole universe that is legitimate in critcizing Scientology? I am
asking
I personally don't know of any. Ok? I'm sure if anybody put up a
real critical web site, The Church of Scientology would put all of
their OSA goons on trying to tear it down.
So what you are saying is that EVERY site critical of Scientology must be a
Scientology controlled site since they would have already brought it down.
They want me to see the ones that exist.
Post by Rookie1122Rk
you who professes to be an expert. You can't be honest when you say
Scientology has closed them all down.
If there is any, I don't know of them. I'm having a hard enough
time keeping the OSA dogs off me on this newsgroup, I can imagine how
much trouble it would be to have a web site up, a web site with real
hurful data to the church.
What is some of the data? You can write it here. They can't delete your
message.
Post by Rookie1122Rk
itself. Can you explain this, please? I didn't feel that way after
reading.
If you tell the world your a critic of Scientology and create a
web site that is laced with lies, religious bigotry, 1.1 reductions,
remember they call it "Operation Clambake". They call Scientologists
"Clams". Thats a reduction and makes them look like 1.1's, right? A
person at 1.1 on the tone scale employs reductions as a way to handle
the people around him. The people who created the xenu web site WANTED
the readers to think the person who wrote is was a 1.1. They want you
and me to come away from reading that web site think "Wow, those
Scientology critics are nothing but a bunch of 1.1's, liars or
religious bigots.
I have no clue what those numbers mean or the reference scale.
Let me sum this up real simple for you: If you profess to be a
critic of Scientology, and then do one or more of these things on this
newsgroup or on a web site: 1) Lie
How would one know they are lying? How do I know you are not lying?

2) Act like a nut

They seem very rational actually.

3) Act like a 1.1

No clue about your word numbering system.
4) Act like an SP
I don't know how one would even act.

5) Act like you don't know what your talking about

They appear to know what they are talking about.
or 6) Act like a religious bigot,
No, they are very respectful. They were more upset about the hypocrisy than
anything else.

SINCE THE OUTSIDE WORLD THINKS
YOU'RE A CRITIC OF SCIENTOLOGY, THEY WILL CONCLUDE THAT THE CRITICS OF
1. Liars
2. 1.1's
3. SP's
4. Crazy
5. Don't know what they are talking about
6. Are religious bigots
It's very simple, pretend to be something you are not, then act
and talk in a disreputable way and you will succeed in discrediting
the identity you are pretending to be.
They are not disreputable at all, imo. I am the outside world. If anything,
your use of foul language and not being able to engage in a conversation and
answer simple questions is disreptuable.

Post by Rookie1122Rk
You profess to hate Scientology. Why do you? What did they do to you that
made you post so much on this board?
I hate injustice and lies. I'm upset with Scientology because it
has treated me like I've done something wrong when I have not. I'm
upset with Scientology because it doens't follow what is written in
it's own books regarding the justice system.
What is their justice system and what was your crime?
Post by Rookie1122Rk
it that they read my post. It may even help me revise my original
statement.
Post by Rookie1122Rk
Regards
Now, it's been clarified.
Just because you say things, doesn't mean it was clarified for others (or me).

What I get upset with is when people
keep asking me to explain this and that OVER AND OVER AND OVER just to
waste my time. Now that I've explained it to you, don't ask again.
You do not control this method of communication. You can't tell people what to
say or not say, just like I can't tell you not to post over and over. You can
request it and I can decline just like you can do the same.

I am asking very honest questions. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks
this way.

Regards
Truth Seeker

Rookie1122Rk
2003-11-16 18:33:15 UTC
Read Original Post in Thread
Date: 11/16/2003 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time
Please entitle it how you are trying to "handle" this newsgroup.

And you are doing a horrible job.

Regards

Heffer
2003-11-16 16:26:59 UTC
[...]
Post by Truth Seeker
2. If the phony critic asks him: "Join us on a picket of a Scientology
org" he may follow this bad advise
^^^^^^
TS must certainly be of clam descent... Now that you're 'out',
TS, you can spell like a free human being if you like.

Dreadful grammar and spelling is a Scientology trademark and
your failure to spell correctly might get you in trouble with
the Cof$ for squirreling.

---
Heffer, OSA Lackey, H-Group
#315905 on the Dorian List